It’s fall, y’all! Get ready for pumpkin carving, apple picking, and family fun! Central Virginia boasts some of the best fall festivals around. You’ll find games, crafts, local art, handmade gifts, pumpkins, fall decor, fresh-squeezed apple cider, brunswick stew, and so much more. And the best part? All of the following events are FREE and open to the public. So mark your calendar for these fall festivals in Central Virginia!
September 9, 2016, 6 – 9 PM: GET DOWNTOWN STREET FESTIVAL
- Enjoy six blocks of performances, music, vendors, crafters, artisans, and local cuisine
- Main Street, Lynchburg, VA
September 10, 2016, 10 AM – 3 PM: DAY IN THE PARK
- Family-friendly rides, games, learning activities, inflatables, and more
- Miller Park, 2100 Park Ave. Lynchburg, VA
September 17, 2016, 10 AM – 4 PM: 43rd ANNUAL LYNCHBURG ART FESTIVAL
- Browse galleries created by local artisans, and even find artwork available for purchase
- E.C. Glass High School, 2111 Memorial Ave. Lynchburg, VA
October 1, 2015, 10 AM – 4 PM: DAY AT THE POINT
- Activities Include: Vendor Village, Food Trucks, Kids’ Games, Bounce Castle, Pumpkin Decorating, Animals, Bake Sale, Free House Tours, Music from Local Bands, Antique Cars, Cider Making, Fire Trucks and more!
- Point of Honor, 112 Cabell Street, Lynchburg, VA
October 7-8, 2016: CENTERFEST
- Over 100 local vendors, arts & crafts, pony rides, face painting, fire & rescue vehicles, handmade items, delicious food, a giant slide, carnival rides, and more
- Main Street, Bedford, VA
October 8-9, 2016: APPOMATTOX RAILROAD FESTIVAL
- Live music, a classic car show, fireworks, train tours, concessions, local vendors, and more
- Main Street, Appomattox, VA
- Games, concessions, local vendors, crafters, and more
- Mead Memorial United Methodist Church, 13317 Wards Rd, Lynchburg, VA 24501
October 1 and 15, 2016, 10 AM – 4:30 PM: APPLE BUTTER FESTIVAL
- Pick your own pumpkins, children’s games, food, crafters, live music, corn maze
- Silver Creek & Seamans’ Orchards Inc., 5529 Crabtree Falls Hwy, Tyro, VA
October 15, 2016: APPLE HARVEST FESTIVAL
- Local vendors, crafters, live music, and of course – apples!
- Gross Orchard, 6817 Wheats Valley Road, Bedford, VA
October 22, 2016, 7 AM – 5 PM: BETHEL MENNONITE FALL FESTIVAL
- Homemade donuts and sausage biscuits for breakfast, along with free coffee and hot chocolate. For lunch, there will be locally famous grilled chicken served with your choice of sides, or hamburgers/hot dogs, french fries, and ice cream. There will be a benefit auction with many homemade quilts/comforters, new carpentry items, antique items, and a whole lot more. There will also be a huge yard sale, with around 40 families contributing. There will be a bake sale, with fresh homemade apple butter, a children’s table with toys, cotton candy, games, stickers, etc., and a train ride for children.
- 5946 Brookneal Highway, Gladys, VA 24554
October 30, 2016: 2ND ANNUAL HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR
- Stop by the mountain for a pumpkin carving contest, halloween parade and contest, caramel apple dipping station, trick-or-treat, hayrides, and more!
- Carter Mountain Orchard, 1435 Carters Mountain Trail, Charlottesville, VA