Ahhhhhhhh, Summer. You may be wondering how you’re going to keep your kids entertained while school is out. Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. There’s PLENTY to do around Lynchburg this summer. Here’s a list of the top 10 things to do around Lynchburg before summer kicks the bucket!
1. Find fresh seasonal produce, honey, eggs, crafts, and a variety of local vendors at the Forest Farmer’s Market from 8-noon on Saturdays
2. Load the whole family in the car and view a summertime blockbuster at the Mayberry Drive-In Movie Theatre in Moneta
3. Take the kids to the Splash Valley Water Park for a day in the sun and water
4. Visit Bridgewater Plaza at Smith Mountain Lake for a mini-vacation with shopping, dining, boating, mini-golf, rock-wall climbing, and more
5. Enjoy $1 children’s movies at River Ridge Regal Cinemas every Tuesday and Wednesday morning beginning June 10th, 2014
6. Grab some ice cream at MayLynn’s Creamery and take 10% off when you mention the Lynchburg Mom discount
7. Enjoy the sprayground at Riverside Park for FREE
8. Register your kids for one of the area’s premier summer camps featuring arts & crafts, sports, nature studies, outdoor recreation, and more
9. Take a picnic to Peaks View Park, enjoy the walking trails, playgrounds, and don’t forget to bring a frisbee for the disc golf course
10. Spark inspiration with a visit to the Taubman Museum of Art. Admission is FREE.
Photo credit for header image: Smith Mountain Lake State Park