Ahhhh, Fall. It’s undoubtedly the most beautiful season in Lynchburg. From the colorful foliage to the crisp breeze and the gorgeous sunsets, Fall in Lynchburg is a season to enjoy from start to finish. Here’s our bucket list of the top 10 things to do around Lynchburg this fall!
1. Find your way through the corn maze, pick a pumpkin, and enjoy other fall festivites at Yoder’s Farm.
2. Grab your hiking boots and water bottles and enjoy the stellar views from High Bridge Trail State Park.
3. Find fresh seasonal produce at The Lynchburg Community Market.
4. Visit Smith Mountain Lake State Park for hiking, biking, picnicing, boating, fishing, and camping while the whether is cool and refreshing.
5. Catch a Liberty football game in the newly renovated Williams Stadium.
6. Walk over the old railroad trestle bridge to Percival’s Island, where you’ll find picture-worthy views of downtown Lynchburg and the James River.
7. Visit Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest and see for yourself why he loved Lynchburg so much.
8. Go to a fall festival. Here’s a list of several to choose from!
9. Pick your own apples and pumpkins from the patch at Silver Creek & Seaman’s Orchard.
10. Take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It’s breathtaking this time of year!
This perfect fall weather won’t last long, so get out there and enjoy it. Happy adventuring!