Preparing for your baby’s arrival? Centra Health’s Virginia Baptist Hospital in Lynchburg is a great place to welcome the newest member of your family!
Here are 5 helpful tips to know before you go to the hospital for baby’s debut:
1. Call (434) 200-4545 (option 2) to pre-register for your delivery at the hospital. This will save time once you arrive at the hospital on your big day, since you’ll have better things to do than fill out paperwork.
2. Set up a pre-payment plan for your hospital stay by calling (434) 200-4545 (option 2). You’ll receive a 10% discount when you pre-pay the full amount for your hospital stay. This 10% discount will also apply to any additional fees accrued during your stay, such as neonatal intensive care, if needed.
3. Prepare financially. If you have an 80/20 insurance plan, you can expect to pay about $700/night out of pocket (barring any complications or additional procedures). If you have a standard delivery (2 nights), your out-of-pocket expenses would be approximately $1,400. A c-section (3 nights) would cost about $2,100. On a personal note, when I delivered my second child at Virginia Baptist, they let us go home after 1 night, so the hospital bill was about $700 less than I thought it would be. I had already pre-paid for 2 nights in order to be eligible for the 10% discount, so I called the billing office (434-200-3777, option 6) and they sent me a refund for the extra $700 I had paid.
4. Write your birth plan and bring it with you to the hospital. The caring staff at Virginia Baptist will use it as a guideline to support you on your big day.
5. Sign up for one (or more!) of Centra’s childbirth/parenting classes. Topics include:
- Preparing for Childbirth
- Baby Care
- Infant Safety
- Infant Massage
- I’m Going to be a Big Brother/Big Sister Class
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Class
Click here to register for any of these classes.
Photo credit: Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital