If you’re looking for a great day-trip location close to Lynchburg, look no further than Bridgewater Plaza at Smith Mountain Lake.
You’ll instantly feel like you’re on vacation with the laid-back atmosphere, smiling faces, and gorgeous views of the lake.
Bridgewater Plaza features:
- 6 restaurants serving up fine cuisine, fresh seafood, pizza, and more
- 5 shops including nautical gifts, accessories, fudge, and apparel
- Video arcade
- The Smith Mountain Lake Visitor’s Center
- A 30-foot rock climbing wall
- An 18-hole mini golf course, elevated 15 feet over the water
- The Bridgewater Marina, offering boat and equipment rentals
- Spacious decks to take in the views
- Much more!
It’s so easy to get there. From Lynchburg, take 460 West to Bedford and exit Route 122. Turn left onto Route 122 South, and follow it for 20 miles. Right after you cross Smith Mountain Lake over the Hales Ford Bridge, Bridgewater Plaza is on the left. The drive takes about 45 minutes. Here’s the address for your GPS:
16430 Booker T. Washington Highway, Moneta, VA 24121
Open year round.
Photo credit: bridgewaterplaza.com